Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Time to lose a little Weight

I really wanted to comment on the disappointing news regarding our new mayor. It's seriously taking the shine off the feel-good events taking place in Washington DC. For now, I will simply refer you to the well written piece from the editorial board of the Oregonian. You can read it here.

Instead of commenting on Sam, I will talk about my goal to lose a few pounds now that the holiday season has ended. Yup, I gained weight and now intend to work it off. They say if you tell your friends about your goals, you are more likely to accomplish then. Must be the peer pressure.

So with Sam (who is putting on a little weight himself) dispatched for now, I announce my intention to lose eight pounds in eight weeks. I'll start soon... really, in just a few days.

Photo by Michael Lloyd/The Oregonian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still thinking about this one and what I think Sam ought to do next. You and I may have different opinions on the Sam section of your post.